Kazatomprom is the global leader in the production of natural uranium and the national operator of the Republic of Kazakhstan for uranium, rare metals and nuclear fuel. Amongst the company’s key highlights are:
- Largest uranium producer globally operating the largest uranium reserve base
- Low cost and highly scalable production driven by cost-efficient in situ recovery mining method
- Low environmentally footprint and a strong adherence to the principles of Sustainable Development and Environmental, Social and Governance;
- A workforce with decades of experience in the mining and processing of uranium across the front end of the nuclear fuel cycle (NFC).
Our Core Business is the mining and processing of uranium and associated natural resources including rare metals and rare earth elements.
We have achieved significant milestones
over our 20-year history:
- In 1997, when Kazatomprom was established, it produced less than 900 tons of uranium (tU). By 2010 Kazatomprom was producing about 10,000 tU making it the largest uranium mining company in the world with 19 % of global production.
- Kazatomprom expanded its activities across the front-end NFC including enrichment, UO2 powder/fuel pellet production and soon the production of fuel assemblies.
- Outside of the nuclear fuel cycle, Kazatomprom has developed its capabilities in the processing of rare metals and rare earth elements, as well as a number of R&D initiatives reflected in the intellectual property, patents and leading technologies.
To sustainably develop our uranium deposits and their value chain components in order to create long-term value for all our stakeholders.
To be the Partner of Choice for the global nuclear fuel industry.
Our Strategic Focus
- Maintain flawless HSE track record
- Focus on the core mining operations and sustainable development of mines
- Market-centric production and sales strategy
- Enhance marketing function and global sales capabilities
- Operational excellence
- Focus on shareholder returns